If you are looking to secure a job at Wickes then the process is fairly straightforward. You can search and apply for jobs on their website and you can also register for future vacancies in case there isn’t anything you can apply for straight away which means that if something comes up you will be contacted but at the same time you can keep an eye on new vacancies and once you have entered your details once you won’t need to do it again.
Wickes are usually efficient and from registering your details you should hear back from them within 72 hours (during working days).
Company Interview Questions
- Vodafone Interview Questions
- BT Interview Questions For Your Job Interview
- Sainsburys Interview Questions 2020
- Tesco Interview Questions 2020
- Asda Interview Questions 2020
- Dog Trust Interview Questions and Answers
- Fitch Ratings Interview Questions
- Lockheed Martin Interview Questions
- Sofology Interview Questions
- PWC Interview Questions and Useful Tips
If you are successful at being matched to a live vacancy at this stage then usually the next step is to have a telephone interview and a selection event at a Travis Perkin group site. They could do an assessment centre location or a face to face interview for the second stage where you would be given specific exercises to complete. Depending on the role and the level of seniority there may be a third type interview. The recruitment team will notify you at every stage and in plenty of time so you can prepare.
Preparation is the thing you need to focus on should you be invited to an interview and you can do this by visiting one of their stores and understanding how it all works, the layout, the staff, how big are the stores ,what products do they sell. Can you draw on any of your own previous experience, have you worked somewhere similar even if a different product, think about this and use this as the basis for the answers that you can prepare in advance.
In this kind of setting you will likely wear a uniform but it’s important to dress smartly and look the part so that your interviewer can see you have made an effort and prepared. Above all be calm, the more you have prepared the calmer you will be.
Wickes Interview Questions
- Why would you make a good asset?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- What will you bring to the role?
- Why do you wanna work here?
- Tell me about yourself.
- Are you happy to work overtime and get it back as time in lieu?
- What is Wickes best selling field in the UK?
- How to be a good customer service person.
- What motivates you?
- Name a time where you had to make a difficult decision.
- How would you deal with a difficult customer?
- What qualifications do you have?
- What knowledge do you have about tools?
- What other jobs have you had since applying for this position
- Have you done any volunteering?
- Have you got a criminal record?
- What can you bring to this role?
- Why do you want to work for Wickes?
- Are you in education?
- What hours are you available to work?
- When are you able to start?
- Tell me about yourself?
Wickes Job Interview
Typical Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Why do you want this job?
- Where would you like to be in your career five years from now?
- Why did you leave your last job?
- What attracted you to this company?
- Why should we hire you?
- What did you like least about your last job?
- Give some examples of teamwork
- What can you do for us that other candidates can’t?
- What were the responsibilities of your last position?