Pizza Hut have varying processes for application and interview depending on which role you are interested in applying for.
The first stage is to complete their online application form and a questionnaire, they estimate that this should take up to 30 minutes to complete.
The second stage is where you attend a “Realistic Job Preview” which allows you to experience what it is like to work in Pizza Hut and allow the Manager to observe your skills and how you work and see if you are able to be a successful member of the Pizza Hut team. During this stage the Manager will also conduct a brief interview to find out more about you and your experiences. The whole process at this second stage should take 30-45 minutes.
As a big part of the process is hands on to see how you work practically it is all about how you operate so there is very little you can prepare ahead although I would ensure that you know exactly what products pizza hut sell and the differences between the restaurant and takeaways. Maybe go through the menu any promotional items, try and find some history or products they do or have sold.
For the part of the interview that you can prepare for, providing you have done your research into the company you need to also think about the types of questions that you will be asked. These can include:
- What can you bring to Pizza Hut?
- Why do you want to work here rather than Dominoes?
- What are the differences you are aware of Pizza Hut against other pizza establishments?
- What is your proudest achievement to date?
- How to do you cope when a place is busy and you are doing more than one job at once?
Don’t forget to dress smartly and appropriately despite there being a uniform policy at Pizza Hut, you want to create a good impression from the off.
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- What motivates you?
- Why do you want this job?
- Where would you like to be in your career five years from now?
- What’s your ideal company?
- What attracted you to this company?
- Why should we hire you? What makes you a better candidate than others?
- What did you like least about your last job?
- When were you most satisfied in your job?
- What can you do for us that other candidates can’t?
- What were the responsibilities of your last position?
- Why are you leaving your present job?
- What do you know about this industry?
- What do you know about our company?
- Do you have any questions for me?
Good luck and let us know how it went!