Costcutter is a bigger company than perhaps first thought but the stores are mainly franchise stores with only a handful of owned stores. You can find their current vacancies on their website and they also update them on their face book and twitter sites so plenty of options to keep up to date with their vacancies. However, as the stores are mainly franchises the recruitment is done at local level with individual managers.
Once you have been successful with your application you will be invited to an interview, usually at a store where you have shown interest in working and where they have a vacancy.
Because the interviews are down to the individual Manager the types of questions will vary greatly but I think you can be safe to think you will be asked questions such as:
- Have you worked in this setting before and what would you do better?
- Name five products that we sell.
- Why do you want to work for Costcutter?
- What do you know about Costcutter?
- Give me an example of good customer service and when have you performed this?
- How would you deal with an awkward customer?
Once you have done your research and maybe visited one of their stores and if possible spoken to a staff member you will feel more confident and hopefully get a feel for how you should dress for your interview in a smart way.
Focus on the type of store that you are aiming to work in or the Head Office setting and differing roles and base your answers and scenario practice around this so you feel more comfortable when you are asked questions during your interview.
Also check out folllowing interview questions which are the ones asked most during the retail type of interviews:
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- What motivates you?
- Why do you want this job?
- Where would you like to be in your career five years from now?
- What’s your ideal company?
- What attracted you to this company?
- Why should we hire you? What makes you a better candidate than others?
- What did you like least about your last job?
- When were you most satisfied in your job?
- What can you do for us that other candidates can’t?
- What were the responsibilities of your last position?
- Why are you leaving your present job?
- What do you know about this industry?
- What do you know about our company?
- Do you have any questions for me?