Staples is an Equal Opportunities Employer who values the diversity of their people, products and services. They are a big company with a big mixture of roles that you can apply for if you have decided Staples is where you want to work. The opportunities are great but the process for working there is designed to be thorough so they employ people who stay with them for a healthy career.
The application process is simple by registering, searching and applying through their website. Once you have registered then you can keep going back to the site and searching for other vacancies till you find the one you want to apply for. And you can apply for more than one vacancy at a time.
The process if your application form is successful then you will be called to an interview and this process is usually two stages. Depending on the role in which you are being interviewed for will depend on the questions you are asked but being up to date with your research into the company and the different roles but more importantly a big part of the interview process will be about you. How do you deal with customers, what do you think is good and bad customer service, give examples, name 5 products we sell, how would you describe these to customers looking for such an item?
Concentrate on how your previous experience whether it’s from a school or education setting or work experience fits in with the job role and your perception on the environment in which you will hopefully be working in. Its very important to be thorough in your knowledge as no interviewer will think highly if it’s clear that you haven’t prepared.
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- What motivates you?
- Why do you want this job?
- Where would you like to be in your career five years from now?
- What’s your ideal company?
- What attracted you to this company?
- Why should we hire you? What makes you a better candidate than others?
- What did you like least about your last job?
- When were you most satisfied in your job?
- What can you do for us that other candidates can’t?
- What were the responsibilities of your last position?
- Why are you leaving your present job?
- What do you know about this industry?
- What do you know about our company?
- Do you have any questions for me?