To work in a local Dominos store, visit the store directly for any vacancies they may have. You can download the application form from their website but you must take the completed form to your nearest store.
- Dominos Pizza was founded in the US by Tom Monaghan in 1960.
- Dominos Pizza’s first UK store opened in 1985 in Luton and the first Irish store opened in 1991.
- Over 21,000 people work in the UK and Ireland stores.
- All the stores are franchised.
- 770 stores in total in the UK, Republic of Ireland, Germany and Switzerland (correct Sept 2012).
Dominos also has Head Office support locations in Milton Keynes and Penrith and in Ireland in Naas.
At Head Office the potential roles available are:
- Human Resources
- Franchise sales
- Supply Dough Production
Interviews for store positions of Dominos take place in the individual stores as they are franchises. And the questions you are asked are along the lines of:
- How do you handle pressure?
- Can you work in a team and give examples.
- Do you have any religious stance eg: working with non halaal meat if you are a Muslim.
- Why Dominos and not Pizza Hut?
- Questions on pizza toppings and different pizzas.
As it is a Franchise business the interview process will depend on the owner and the questions and information they wish you have will change between stores. It is best to make sure you know when you are able to work and where, learn about pizzas and the making of them etc.
Here are some of the questions that you might be asked during your interview:
Tell me about yourself.
What are your strengths?
What are your weaknesses?
Why do you want this job?
Where would you like to be in your career five years from now?
What’s your ideal company?
What attracted you to this company?
Why should we hire you? What makes you better candidate than others?
What did you like least about your last job?
When were you most satisfied in your job?
What can you do for us that other candidates can’t?
What were the responsibilities of your last position?
Why are you leaving your present job?
What do you know about this industry?
What do you know about our company?
Are you willing to relocate?
Do you have any questions for me?
Good luck and let us know how it went via comment form below.