A kitchen port is the one who maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen in any restaurant, hotels, etc. He/she plays an equal important role in the kitchen, as it is necessary to cook in a hygienic place. To pass from the interview round of the kitchen porter following tips can help you:
You can apply online by filling applications. For being a kitchen porter not much of qualification is required, but if you can still attach your qualification and experience certificate with your CV and submit it online.
The employer may call you mail you for the interview if he/she likes your CV. Do confirm the address, date and time.
Few common question that are likely to be asked:
- Tell me something more about yourself
- Why should I appoint you?
- What is the reason for selecting this job?
- Tell me your strength and weakness
- How will you contribute to this company?
- Wear neat and clean outfit, clean shave for men is recommendable, avoid long nails, etc.
- Reach 10 to 15 minutes early at the interview place.
During the interview try to show your skills like friendly nature, good communication skills, team work, etc in your answers to the questions of the employer.
Even you can ask questions to the employers if you have any query, but make sure that you form your questions prior to the interview.
Do your research work about the salary offered for your job. So when the employer ask you about the salary you can tell a reasonable amount.
Kitchen Porter Interview Questions
Take a look at the following interview questions below for your Kitchen Porter interview:
- Why do you want to work with us?
- Why were you fired?
- Tell me about yourself
- What makes you a better candidate than others?
- How do you keep a kitchen clean and hygienic following strict guidelines?
- Do you understand different preparation boards for different foods?
- How many covers has a kitchen that you have worked in before had to deal with on their busiest nights?
- How many staff and what kind of hierarchy are you used to dealing with?
- Have you just worked evenings or lunch times, all day as well?
- How do you stay calm and remember with so many different tasks?
Good luck with your big day and let us know how it went.