If you have been offered an interview for an Administrative Officer then you will have a few years experience in the world of Administration and be at a senior level classed as Officer. It will depend on the company that you have previously worked for as to how much exposure you have had in the administration world but you will be expected to be able to run a busy admin office and support any management effectively and efficiently.
During your interview, your interviewer will be looking for you to demonstrate how efficient you are in your work and how organised you are in an office environment. The role of any administrative officer is a very important one and a role that Managers and Directors come to lean on greatly.
Before going to any interview, it is important to ensure that you have researched the role thoroughly and that you know everything there is to know about the company and the role that they will be expecting you to do in the company.
Match your CV with the job description and ensure that you go to the interview feeling confident about questions that they could ask you directly relating to your experiences.
Some questions you could be asked at interview are as such:
Administrative Officer Interview Questions
- What method do you use to make sure that you are organised?
- What systems/packages are you familiar with using and to what level?
- Have you ever been part of meetings for example high profile board meetings in a minute taker capacity?
- Can you do shorthand?
- How do you organise other administrators in your team?
- How do you deal with someone who is less able?
There are numerous questions that you could be asked during your interview so preparation is the key but whilst remembering that you will need to have a confident and professional manner to uphold this important role.
Most Asked Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Why do you want this job?
- Where would you like to be in your career five years from now?
- What’s your ideal company?
- What attracted you to this company?
- Why should we hire you?