Depending on the role you are looking to apply for with New Look will depend on how you apply for it. If you are looking for a Sales Advisor position you can complete an application form and hand it into the store you are looking to work in. Remember that you must be 16 or over to work for New Look.
For store management or Head Office vacancies you can search and apply for these on the New Look website. New Look do not accept speculative CV’s you can only apply for current roles. And be patient once you have applied because it can take up to 4 weeks for an application to be processed.
Once you have done your application and been successful with an offer of an interview the preparation will depend on the role that you are being interviewed for. The recruitment team will brief you way in advance of anything you need to prepare and do or bring to the interview.
Preparation that you can do for your interview includes thoroughly reading the job description so that you know exactly what it entails, visiting a store and knowing how it all works and familiarising yourself with the business.
Questions for your interview will vary from position to position but New Look have been known to ask some of the following questions:
- How have you changed in the last 5 years and how will you change in the next 5 years?
- Can you describe a time when your work was criticised?
- When was the last time you were in a crisis?
- What do you think this position involves?
- Do you feel that you progressed satisfactorily in your last job?
Remember that New Look are a high fashion company so any knowledge on their products and a keen interest in fashion will help you talk confidently in the interview.
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- What motivates you?
- Why do you want this job?
- Where would you like to be in your career five years from now?
- What’s your ideal company?
- What attracted you to this company?
- Why should we hire you? What makes you a better candidate than others?
- What did you like least about your last job?
- When were you most satisfied in your job?
- What can you do for us that other candidates can’t?
- What were the responsibilities of your last position?
- Why are you leaving your present job?
- What do you know about this industry?
- What do you know about our company?
- Do you have any questions for me?