They are currently undergoing a process of transforming their PC World stores into 2 in 1 stores to include Currys within the UK and Ireland. They are aiming to make these stores Megastores and superstores that give customers the best of both formats as well as the wider ranges.
- PC World is part of the Dixons Retail Plc – Europe’s leading specialist electrical groups.
- They sell consumer electronics, computers, appliances, photography equipment, communication products and related.
- 1,200 stores and also trade online in 28 countries employing 36,500 people.
- They are the Number 1 leaders in the UK, Ireland, Nordics and Greece.
- There are a variety of roles to be had here from store based roles, to Head Office functions, Distribution, and their contact centres. You are able to apply for specific vacancies on line.
Staff at PC World say that no day is the same, that when they joined they had a very good training program and in some cases went from knowing very little to feeling a bit of an expert and that training continues on the job and they can specialise in certain products for example Apple products and become and expert.
Within the Head Office locations you will be working alongside 23,000 people over 3 sites in essential business areas such as HR, Finance, IT, Marketing, Commercial. At the Customer Contact centre is Sheffield you would be working alongside 1,400 people in a busy and lively environment.
Where ever you work in whatever type of environment at PC World they all have the same idea to make the Customer have the best shopping experience they possibly can and to do that requires thorough product knowledge and a commitment to learn.