If you have been given an interview for an Account Sales Executive then you will have previous proven track record of selling and managing accounts. Depending on the industry that you have gained your experience in will depend on how your skills transfer over into the role you are being interviewed for.
You will need to be a confident communicator who is not afraid of making numerous sales calls each day even if the majority of these calls are to clients who are familiar with you and people you have a good relationship with.
As an Account Sales Executive you will normally have helped people coming into a company with their training and shown them the processes and procedures that they should be following. You will need excellent interpersonal skills and be able to relate to a number of different people.
Your interviewer will be keen to find out how much selling that you have done in the past and what tactics do you use to get a sale? It will be your job to demonstrate to your interviewer how you have been successful in selling and what mistakes have you made and what you have learnt from it?
During your interview you could be asked questions such as:
Sales Account Executive Interview Questions
- Why did you pursue a career in sales?
- What do you know about the industry?
- How do you build relationships with clients/customers?
- What training have you been on and what did you learn from it?
- How do you think you should sell? Hard or softly?
A sales role will largely come down to your personality and how well you can communicate with others. Sales is a tough world and not for the faint hearted, you will get plenty of knock backs and you will need to be able to deal with this quickly and move on.
You should also take some times to check out most asked interview questions too:
Typical Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Why do you want this job?
- Where would you like to be in your career five years from now?
- What’s your ideal company?
- What attracted you to this company?
- Why should we hire you?
Good luck with your interview.