Are you preparing for the interview for Accounts Payable Clerk position? Get some tips that will help you get ahead of all. First, you must know about what kind of job you are going to do. The role of Accounts Payable Clerk is to handle financial transactions of an organization.
Always try to represent yourself in the best possible way while going for an interview for the position of accounts payable clerk. Wear a formal outfit as well as groove yourself well enough to look best.
Prepare for interview at least 10 days prior. Start asking yourself about most common questions. Revise what you have studied while accounting course.
Related: Account Manager Interview
When entering interview room, try to have smile and greet your interviewer with firm handshake. It is advisable to have good eye contact with your interviewer, as it shows your confidence level.
Be sure to have your experience certificate and other supporting documents with your CV, if possible have original copies of them.
Employers will seek for more than accountable skills in you. So, represent yourself as a team leader and maintain your confidence level.
Always ask about what specific things you have to do in this job, as duties of Accounts Payable Clerk for every job is same but every business has its own working style. In addition, it creates good impression of you on interviewer.
Always be specific to you answers, do not try to confuse yourself and interviewer. Never try to provide wrong information in your CV. Be smart and confident to clear interview for the job of Accounts Payable Clerk.
Accounts Payable Clerk Job Interview Questions
Here are some of the most asked typical interview questions:
Why should we hire you?
Why do you want to work with us?
What makes you different than other candidates?
Tell me about yourself.
- Which accounting applications are you familiar with?
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of different accounting packages you have used in your most recent accountant jobs.
- Describe any accounting process that you have developed or sought to improve.
- Describe a time when you helped to reduce costs at a previous accountant job.
- Describe a time when you had to use numerical data or a graph to convince a manager.
- Describe a time when you had to work exceptionally hard to provide great service to a customer or client. What did you do and what was the outcome?
- Describe a time when you faced a particularly demanding deadline to prepare a financial statement or report. How did you react? What was the result?
- How do you ensure that you do not forget details and ensure accuracy when you prepare monthly journal entries, record transactions, etc.?
- Describe a time when you had to explain a complex accounting issue to someone with without an accounting background. How did you help your audience understand the situation?
Good luck with your interview and let us know how it went.