An interview coming up with World Duty Free? Here are very useful tips and potential questions to nail your interview.
- World Duty Free is an airport shopping company.
- World Duty Free Group is an Autogrill Company. Autogrill is the world’s leading provider of food and drinks and retail services for people on the move.
- They have a customer base of over 500,000 passengers travelling each year.
- They have 550 stores in 141 locations in 20 countries across 4 continents worldwide.
- Approx 8,300 employees throughout the company.
The interview process is mainly role play and competency based which allows the interviewer to see how you would be in a particular situation.
World Duty Free also seem quite keen on doing group assessments as part of their interview process so where you and say 3 others have to work together and are given a time frame to do something in whilst being assessed. This can be quite nerve racking for some people however you just need to remember and focus on what your part of the group is and work together as a team, this is very important for these kind of roles.
Working in one of their locations be it at an airport or in a different place such as palace or museum location you will need excellent customer service skills, visit one location at an airport and a different location before your interview and compare the two. Look at their products, are there differences depending on location, price difference, products, how the store is laid out, any observations that you can use as the basis for your questions.
Working in a store of this kind you may have a uniform to wear daily but create a good impression and wear something smart and look well groomed as they will want you on show in one of their stores.
Be calm and polite, smile in your interview after all they are interested in you enough to want you to work with their company.
- Tell me about yourself
- What are your weaknessess?
- Why do you want this job?
- What have you done to improve customer service in your store?
- What motivates you?
- How fexible are you around working unsocial hours
- Name a time when team building was essential in som
- What can you do for us that other candidates can’t?