Going for an interview at Burger King they are looking for fun and bold people to join their crew. They are also big believers on accountability and the more responsibility you can show them the more opportunities that are available.
- Founded in 1954.
- 70% of BK’s roles were filled internally during the year 2007-2008.
- There are more than 12,600 Burger King Restaurants and they serve over 11 million guests in 83 countries.
- Globally 95% of BK’s restaurants are franchised owned. This is 100% in the UK and a lot are family businesses which have been in ownership for many years.
- In 1977 they opened their first restaurant in Aldershot and now have over 500 stores across UK & Ireland employing over 25,000 people.
- 60% of their workforce is aged between 16-25 years of age.
- The average BK crew member spends 2.6 years in BK’s employment.
On joining they do a 12 week training program (Right Track Training Program) where you will learn every aspect of the role.
If you already have at least 6 months experience in a supervisory customer service role then you can apply for Restaurant Manager, Senior Assistant Manager or Assistant Manager roles.
To apply for roles you can get an application form on line but you are able to take it into your nearest branch and apply direct due to the stores being franchised.
There are also roles available such as Finance, HR, Legal, Marketing etc to be had at their Headquarters in Slough, Berkshire. The HQ is also where the Area Managers and Trainers are based from.
BK has a good Benefits package for all employees.
It seems the interview process at BK is different for each store. This is because it is a Franchise and each Manager interviews differently but it seems they want to know what shifts, days etc you are able to work, go through your previous experience and usual basic interview questions.