Wilkinsons is a family run company which has hundreds of stores across the country. Here are tips and questions for a Wilkinsons interview.
- Wilkinson’s is a family owned business.
- It was started by J. K. Wilkinson in 1930 in Leicester.
- On average they serve 4.5 million customers per week on a variety of products.
- They have approx 335 stores in England and Wales and 5 stores in Scotland.
- They are not a PLC and make their business decisions guided by their morals and ethics rather than dealing with shareholders.
It seems there is no shortage of opportunities to be had at Wilkinson so make sure you pick carefully matched to your situation, skills and area if you do not wish to relocate.
You will start with completing their application form, which please be careful to triple check, make sure there are no spelling mistakes, grammar etc. Making sure that you answer the questions as asked rather than how you have misinterpreted them. Read very carefully.
If you are successful then it’s time to prepare, research the company, find everything and anything you can, after all this is the company that you want to work for so it is only right to make sure you know everything you possibly can.
Make sure you understand their values. As they are a family owned business their values and ethics are very important to them, you are bound to be asked about this.
Your interview will be competency based so make sure you can match your experiences to their questions in a positive light.
Read the job description thoroughly, imagine yourself in this role, try explaining the role to someone else to ensure that you know it well enough.
Plan the journey, if possible go before hand and plan but if not then make sure you set off extra early, better to have an hour sitting around than panicking you are going to be late. Being late for an interview is not acceptable.
Remember above all they are wanting to interview you based on what you put on your application form, they do not know you yet so make sure you act naturally, be yourself and show them the experiences you have gained belong in their workplace.
Wilkinsons Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself
- What are your weaknessess?
- Why do you want this job?
- What have you done to improve customer service in your store?
- What motivates you?
- How fexible are you around working unsocial hours?
- Name a time when team building was essential in something you have done.
- What can you do for us that other candidates can’t?
- Why do you want to work for Wilkinsons?
- What makes you better candidate than others?
- Do you have previous retail experience?
- How would your friends describe you?
- Do you fancy going for a cigarette?
- What do you know about merchandising?
- What could you bring to Wilkinsons?
- How did you help improve sales at your previous job?
- What do you know about the company?
- What do you think is good customer service?
- What action would you take if a jar was broken on the shop floor?
- What was the reason for leaving your previous employment?
- Who are our competitors?
- What would you change in the store?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
photo by: mikey