Farmfoods are a Scottish company which are privately owned frozen food specialists. Read this guide for a Farmfood interview.
- They originated in Aberdeen in 1955 and now have 300 shops throughout Great Britain.
- They pride themselves on providing the best quality at low prices.
To apply you can complete the online application form. They have a variety of roles from store roles to driving roles, warehousing, head office etc. They also take on Graduates and Apprenticeship positions. Its about choosing what you want to do that’s relevant from the experience you have already gained or if it’s totally new and your first position would you be interested in learning the business from scratch by doing an apprenticeship.
Once you are successful on completing your application form and are invited to an interview, the interview will have basic questions followed by competency based questions.
They will be looking to assess your behaviour, how you communicate and want to know how you handle situations especially with a dissatisfied customer.
As with any interview you need to have looked at a couple of locations, their stores, know about their head office etc, this is through thorough research but most importantly on the day of your interview you need to go to the interview knowing exactly where you have to go knowing your CV and the job description inside out and feel confident that you have done everything you possibly could to prepare beforehand.
Do you understand how Farmfoods work, how the world of freezing works and the technology behind it? Make sure you have researched as much as you can and whatever you have not found out use this as the basis for your prepared questions.
Remain confident and polite, try to relax and remember that the people interviewing you are hoping that you will soon join their company.
- Tell me about yourself
- What are your weaknessess?
- Why do you want this job?
- What have you done to improve customer service in your store?
- What motivates you?
- How fexible are you around working unsocial hours
- Name a time when team building was essential in something you have done
- What Farmfoods brand would you be and why?
- What can you do for us that other candidates can’t?