At Monsoon they have a simple process of applying for all vacancies including work experience through their website. If you are looking for a Sales Assistant role you can however download their application form and take it to the store in which you want to work in. This allows them to respond to your application in good time which is always nice to know when you are waiting.
As well as doing their online form you will also be required to upload your current CV so make sure that it’s as up to date as it could be and depending on the role you may be required to upload pieces of your work.
At this stage your application will be screened and if you match what they are looking for the recruitment team will call you to offer you a Telephone interview. This will allow them to understand your level of experience and the call normally lasts between 15-30 minutes. In this call you can expect to be asked questions about your career history and why you want to now work for Monsoon. You will also be allowed the opportunity to ask them any questions so I would prepare one or two in advance just in case.
If after this stage you are successful, the recruitment team will invite you to a face to face interview. This will be held at the location in which the role is based for example in the right store or at Head Office or at their Distribution centre.
Monsoon base their interviews on competency based by asking you questions that specifically demonstrate your work experience by your answer and they do not ask any trick questions or questions with double meanings to catch you out.
The key here is the preparation that you do and for competency based interviews you should focus on current/previous roles and the situations there, what you had to do, how you did it, what was the result etc. You will undoubtedly get asked how well you perform under pressure so an example would be good.
The only other factor you need to be aware of is that at certain times of the year they may conduct assessment days where they interview a lot of people in one day rather than a one to one interview set up.
You should expect basic interview questions as well as company related questions:
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- What motivates you?
- Why do you want this job?
- Where would you like to be in your career five years from now?
- What’s your ideal company?
- What attracted you to this company?
- Why should we hire you? What makes you a better candidate than others?
- What did you like least about your last job?
- When were you most satisfied in your job?
- What can you do for us that other candidates can’t?
- What were the responsibilities of your last position?
- Why are you leaving your present job?
- What do you know about this industry?
- What do you know about our company?
- Do you have any questions for me?
Good luck and let us know how it went!