It’s important to be relax and don’t look very nervous on a Teaching Assistant interview. You will probably start your interview with a reading task. The competition is really high for these type of jobs so once you secure an interview then it’s best to be well prepared for it.
- Why do you want to be a Teaching Assistant?
- What is your experience with SEN and what makes you able to work with children with additional needs, what qualities do you have?
- What is your role as a TA in the classroom…how will you work with the teacher?
- How do you work well in a team?
- would you do if a child told you they needed to tell you something secret but she/he made you promise not to tell anyone
- What is the role of a Teaching Assistant?
- How would you define a Learning Disability?
- What do you understand about the role?
- Why are you a great candidate for this role?
- Tell me about yourself
- Why do you want this role?
- How would you support a child to make progress?
- What could you bring to the life of the school?
There will definetely be Safeguarding question for you and you can also expect a role play for this Safeguarding question.
More role play / scenarios:
- What would you do if you were supporting a child and they refused to do their work?
- What would you do if you disagreed with an action the class teacher had taken?
- How would you support a child who was disruptive in class?
Behaviour management questions will be about School policies and how important for you to follow them.