As a Health and Safety Adviser you could be an adviser for a large company or you could work for multiple companies providing advice on health and safety matters. You will need to be qualified in Health and Safety to be able to advise well and you will need to have some previous industry or business related experience.
The role of a Health and Safety adviser is a very important one for any company. Businesses everywhere need to follow health and safety guidelines carefully to operate well and ensure their staff are safe.
If you have been offered an interview for this position then you will need to research the company and find out what services you will be expected to offer, whether you will be office based or visiting clients etc.
Before going to the interview, find out exactly where you need to go and how long this will take to allow you to travel calmly and not be flustered when you arrive.
Any interviewer will be looking to see how your skills match against their job requirements and how your personality fits in with other people within their business.
You could be asked questions such as:
Helath and Safety Adviser Interview Questions
- What do you feel are the 3 most important health and safety things in a company?
- Where do you see your career in 5 years? Why health and safety?
- How do you feel health and safety within businesses is changing and what do you think the most important factor in the news is at this time?
- Have you had experience of providing H&S advice in the past and who to, what level of people, company etc?
- What is your highest qualification and are you interested in learning further?
- In a Health and Safety role which other business departments have you worked closely with and how does this work?
In this role, the interviewer will be looking to ensure that you are as up to date in health and safety as you can be and how do you keep on top of this? You will be expected to live and breathe health and safety in order to explain and advise clients on how to do their own health and safety.
You should also be prepared for the most asked interview questions too:
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Why do you want this job?
- Where would you like to be in your career five years from now?
- What’s your ideal company?
- What attracted you to this company?
- Why should we hire you?
- What did you like least about your last job?
- When were you most satisfied in your job?
- What can you do for us that other candidates can’t?
- What were the responsibilities of your last position?