As an Automotive Assistant you will be working in the car trade providing assistance on car parts to clients and customers and giving general advice. If you have been successful in gaining an interview for this role then you will need to be interested in the automotive industry and be able to learn a great deal about cars and parts and the industry in general.
Before going to any interview, make sure that you have researched the role and the company well and that you understand exactly what they do and what the role is that you are expected to do. Start with your CV and the job description and match up the skills of what you can do comfortably and what you need more training on so that you are not caught out by any awkward questions during your interview.
If you are good with cars and have good amount of information about them then you can be just right for this job. Sales skills are also important. You will have a basic salary as well as commission for each sale you make.
During your interview you will be asked questions such as:
Automotive Sales Assistant Job Interview Questions
- What do you know about the automotive industry?
- Why did you choose to work in the automotive industry?
- Name 5 car parts that you frequently sell and organise for customers?
- How do you deal with difficult customers?
- How do you keep on top of new products and services?
- What do you class as good customer service?
- How do you feel your previous work history transfers over the role we have here?
Your interviewer will be looking to see if you have good customer service skills as you will spend a lot of your time talking to customers and dealing with enquiries and your knowledge and experience will need to be exceptional to deal with this.
You will need a confident manner and attitude and have excellent communication skills. You will need to be able to deal with all kinds of people from customers, clients, and trades people and for that you will need to wear different hats.
You will also receive typical interview questions too:
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Why do you want this job?
- Where would you like to be in your career five years from now?
- What’s your ideal company?
- What attracted you to this company?
- Why should we hire you?