Where 90% of the candidate goes for interview without adequate preparation, you try to be from among the 10% of the candidates who prepare themselves complete for the interview round. Below given are some basic tips to give Commis Chef’s interview aptly:
Collect information of the company that has called you for the interview from any information resource. The collected information can be used in your answers and you can list down questions if any to ask them in the interview.
Remember to carry your CV with the required documents like education and industry certificate, experience certificate, achievement certificate, any other certificate that can add advantage to your CV, etc.
Related: Kitchen Assistant Interview
It is important that your know the place were the interview is going to be conducted, if not than it is necessary that you go to the venue prior to the interview day. This will help you to reach few minutes early before the scheduled time.
Make sure that you be in your best attire. Wear ironed and clean outfit.
During the interview, carry positive attitude with yourself. It is always beneficial that you think before you respond.
While a answering, the questions of the employer include examples and your experiences in your answers to make your interview a bit interesting.
In the interview room, you are the seller and the employer is the buyer so put in complete efforts to sell yourself with all your skills.
A firm handshake at the completion of the interview will have a positive ending.
You can take a look at our answers below for the latest typical interview questions:
Commis Chef Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself
- Why do you want to work with us?
- Are you a team player?
- Do you have a sense of humor?
- Tell me about a difficult situation and how you handled it?
- Are you able to work flexible hours?
- Is there a chef you admire the most? Who and why?
- What is your favorite food to eat?
- Why should we hire you?
- What is your favorite cuisine to cook?
- What is your favorite wine?
- Tell me about your wine knowledge.
- Tell me about pairing wine and food.
- What is an example of a springtime menu you would prepare for me?
- If you were asked to reduce fat and sodium in a menu, what would you do maintain flavor in the quality of the dish?
- What do you do to stay current on new trends?
- How do you test the quality of your ingredients?
- How involved are you in the beverage component of your establishment?
- How involved are you with menu development and overall design?
- When are you happiest at work?