Easy Tips for Quantity Surveyor Interview: An interview for your dream job is one of the most important event in your entire life. So put your best to excel in your interview and to assure your selection for the post. Following are some important tips that will help you to acquire your desired job:
The first important step for a good interview is to do preparation.
Knowing the place of interview exactly, company employer’s full name its correct pronunciation is important.
Some research work that is important on following topics:
- When was the company established?
- The company’s speciality.
- The location of offices, sites and head office
- Potential in the future for your post
Dress up professionally. For men, it is recommended to wear business suit with conservative tie, neat haircut and clean shoes and for women a dress that is not too short.
Reach the interview place few minutes early with your resume and all the necessary documents.
While you enter, the interview room, greet the interviewer with his/her surname and show that you are authentically glad to see them.
Make sure that good points of yours get across in a logical, sincere, factual manner to the employer. Stress achievements like for example processed developed, sales records, saving achieved, etc
During the interview do not talk about vacations, salary, retirement, bonuses, etc before the employer ask you about the same.
Lack of enthusiasm and interest will create a negative impression the employer’s mind.
At the end of the interview irrespective of what the result is do thank the employer for his/her time.
Here are some of the typical interview questions:
Quantity Surveyor Interview Questions
- Why us?
- What makes you think you are the best candidate for this position?
- Are you overqualified for this position?
- What motivates you?
- What are your strengths?
- If you are locked in a building, which building would like to be?
- Can you work away when required?
- Are you happy working outside even in the cold and rain?
- What do you do outside of work?
- Why would you like to work for us?
- What is the main thing stopping the market from picking up in your opinion?
- What % would a developer take in a typical project?
- Tell me about a time when you overcame an obstacle
- Tricky question, if you are locked in a building, which building would like to be?
- What is the term BOM stands for?
- Can you tell us of an accomplishment that you are proud of?
- Why did you decide do study (subject) for your undergrad?
- Why do you want to work for us?
- Can you tell us a time that you were in a position of leadership?
- What are your hobbies outside of work?
- Why did you choose to enter the construction industry?
- Why do you want to work for us?
- Tell me about a time where you were faced with a problem and how you overcame it.
- How does this job role fit in with your career ambitions?
- How are you dealing with your weaknesses?
- What step are you currently taking to overcome this?
- Had you ever used a form of CAD?
- What was your major obstacle during the last decade?
- What skills do you think you would need for the role you have applied for?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Can you give a situation where you handled negative feedback?
- What are you hobbies and interests?
- What can you tell us about our company?
- Give an example of when you had to solve a complex problem?
- What are your key strengths?
- Why did you get into the construction industry?
- What are you looking for out of your career?
- Where do you see yourself in the future?
- Tell me about yourself?
- How long have you been working in the industry?
Good luck and let us know how your interview went via form below.