Can mold damage your organs?
Some types of mold are known to cause infections in immune-compromised people. Such infections can affect the skin, eyes, lungs or other organs.
What organs does mold affect?
Mold exposure is exposure to a chemical (mycotoxin) which can affect heart, lungs, liver, kidneys, immune system, brain, and almost every cell in the body. A mycotoxin is fat soluble and is absorbed by the intestinal lining, skin and through inhalation.
Can mold cause organ damage?
It's rare, but exposure to mold spores can eventually cause organ damage, cognitive difficulties and even death. What's more, mold spores can irritate your lungs even if you're not allergic to mold.
Can black mold affect your organs?
Serious symptoms and health problems as a result of black mold include mental impairment, breathing problems, damage to internal organs, and sometimes even death.
Can mold damage kidneys?
Mold toxicity illness is associated with various chronic health problems, including autoimmune disorders, liver and kidney disease, autism, chronic fatigue, and certain cancers.
Toxic mold devastates family, causes myriad health problems
How do you know if mold is toxic to your body?
The doctor will take a health assessment and health history, and will order blood testing. Antibodies in the patient's body will be checked for a reaction to mold and to other allergens and poisons. The severity of the reaction will also be determined. A skin test will also be part of the doctor's examination.
Can mold damage your liver?
The negative effects of exposure to Aspergillus are extensive – these molds can cause not only allergies and asthma, but also liver damage and even liver and kidney cancer.
Will mold exposure show up in bloodwork?
Another way to know if you have mold poisoning is by taking blood tests. Your doctor may take a sample of your blood to examine the presence of mold antibodies. One of the common types of the blood test used for mold symptoms is known as Memory Lymphocyte Immunostimulation Assay, which is abbreviated as MELISA.
What are the symptoms of long term mold exposure?
Health Problems Related to Dampness and Mold
- Nose, mouth, or throat irritation.
- Irritation of the nose, mouth, or throat.
- Nasal stuffiness and runny nose.
- Red, itchy, or watery eyes.
How long does it take to detox from mold?
Detoxing out mold (after confirming the individual has a clean environment) takes around a year in most cases. For these reasons, working with a professional is necessary. Please contact our office if you suspect you or a loved one has mold illness.
Can mold grow inside your body?
In some cases, the spores from mold take root and grow in specific parts of the body, such as the lungs and sinuses. This can cause serious respiratory illnesses and infections.
Can mold live in your intestines?
Patients with a weakened immune system can suffer from mold infections in the bowel, which are difficult to diagnose and have very high death rate. We examined such cases in our institution in order to learn about their clinical and microbiological features.
Can mold destroy your immune system?
Different types of mold can have different effects on humans. When breathed in, some types of mold can make you sick. For those who are immunosuppressed and have weaker immune systems, the effects of breathing in mold can be much worse and can potentially lead to death.
What happens if you live with mold for years?
As for toxicity increases, people exposed to mould for the long term may start to experience symptoms such as persistent headaches and migraines, increased exhaustion and random muscle cramps. The person exposed in more severe cases may also suffer from sensitivity to light, unexplained weight gain and hair loss.
What health problems are caused by mold?
Exposure to a large number of mold spores may cause allergic symptoms such as watery eyes, runny nose, sneezing, itching, coughing, wheezing, difficulty breathing, headache, and fatigue. Repeated exposure to mold can increase a person's sensitivity, causing more severe allergic reactions.
How do doctors test for mold in your body?
A blood test, sometimes called the radioallergosorbent test, can measure your immune system's response to mold by measuring the amount of certain antibodies in your bloodstream known as immunoglobulin E (IgE) antibodies.
How can I test myself for mold toxicity?
Getting a mycotoxin test may help you determine whether you have mold toxicity in your body. This is a great way to test whether the harmful antigens in the mold are negatively impacting your health. This test may help you decide how to treat your mold exposure and allergies.
How do you get rid of mold toxins in your body?
Activated charcoal can be taken as a supplement for assisting in the removal of mold from the body. Because of the adsorbent properties of activated charcoal, it quite literally traps toxins (like mycotoxins) in the body, allowing them to be flushed out so that the body doesn't reabsorb them.
What vitamin helps mold toxicity?
Using vitamin C in conjunction with a quercetin works really, really well. So quercetin is a compound found in number of different plants, but quercetin works well, really, really well as and anti-inflammatory to help detoxify and to help mitigate a number of the inflammatory symptoms of mold toxicity.
What mold hurts liver?
Chronic low-level exposure to aflatoxins produced by Aspergillus molds (such as A. flavus, above) is associated with increased risk of liver cancer.
What does mold toxicity feel like?
Respiratory symptoms such as wheezing, coughing, watery eyes, and skin irritation are the predominant symptoms. Mold is also known to cause asthma and life-threatening primary and secondary infections in immune-compromised patients that have been exposed.
Can I test my body for mold at home?
Urine mycotoxin tests are ideal for testing yourself (and your family members) for mycotoxin exposure. They're absolutely painless, totally non-invasive, and incredibly easy to use. With just a small amount of urine, our experts will be able to spot up to 15 different illness-causing mycotoxins.
What feeds mold in the body?
So your rice, potatoes, bread and other carbs are feeding the mold. You also need to be careful that you are not ingesting mold; it will only make your problem worse if you are adding mold to your body. Foods such as mushrooms, which are a fungus, should be a no-brainer, but don't forget any type of fermented food.