If you pass the first two stages of this process and get invited for a telephone interview with Santander you will be asked to complete a competency based telephone interview and the telephone interview will take approx 20 minutes and will allow the Santander member to see what you know about the company, the role and to sell yourself to them. You will hear the outcome of this within one week.
The process to get an interview with Santander is as follows:
- Online Scenario Questions
- Online Application
- Telephone Interview
- Short Listing
- Start Date
Once you have passed this stage you could be waiting 4-6 for a face to face interview if appropriate. Although passing the telephone interview successfully does not at this stage guarantee a face to face interview will be next. Sometimes other than interviews they do assessment days which will be competency based.
Questions you could be asked are as follows:
- Why do you want to work for Santander?
- Why the financial sector?
- What markets does Santander operate in?
- What do you think you would be doing on a day to day basis?
- Give examples of when you have worked to targets and how you did this?
- Tell me about a time when you had to make an important decision.
Remember that working for a company like Santander which is an extremely professional company that you must attend your interview (face to face) dressed appropriately and smartly as this is the environment in which you are hoping to work.
Do your company research thoroughly into the whole history and background and visit a branch to see how it is set up, look through leaflets etc on different accounts. It seems like a tough process but a thorough one and with adequate research and confidence you should come across well.
Don’t forget your interviewers will also ask you basic interview questions too:
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- What motivates you?
- Why do you want this job?
- Where would you like to be in your career five years from now?
- What’s your ideal company?
- What attracted you to this company?
- Why should we hire you? What makes you a better candidate than others?
- What did you like least about your last job?
- When were you most satisfied in your job?
- What can you do for us that other candidates can’t?
- What were the responsibilities of your last position?
- Why are you leaving your present job?
- What do you know about this industry?
- What do you know about our company?
- Do you have any questions for me?
Good luck, let us know about your interview and how it went!