If you are going to take a teacher interview then that means the school thinks that you have enough qualifications to work with them as teacher and they will make sure of that during the interview. You will be asked various type of interview questions and they will be different from school to school.
STAR method is the key for the competency interviews so:
Teacher interview questions
- What qualities do you have which would make you an effective teacher?
- What are the core skills and qualities that pupils look for in teachers?
- What experience do you have in schools?
- How will you manage challenges at work?
- Why do you want to work in our school?
- Why do you want to be a teacher?
- What is a teacher’s responsibility in keeping children safe?
- Tell us how you dealt with a safeguarding issue in school.
- What would you do if a child disclosed xyz?
- What does the term ‘equal opportunities’ mean to you?
- How would you approach teaching a class of mixed ability pupils?
- What is your motivation for working in special education?
- How would you evaluate [the lesson you just taught] and what you would do differently next time?
- If I walked into your classroom during an outstanding lesson, what would I see and hear?
- Tell us about a behaviour management strategy you have used to help engage an individual learner or group.
- Give an example of when you have improved teaching and learning in the classroom and how you knew you had been successful.
- Can you give an example of when a pupil refused to cooperate in class?
– What did you do?
– What effect did your actions have on the situation?
– What would you differently next time?
- Why should we appoint you?/What would we be missing out on by not appointing you?
- What are some of the current issues in education?
- Finally, is there anything you’d like to ask us?