How can I sell my old pennies?
The obvious place to sell your old coins is your local coin shop. They will be your best bet for selling low- to mid-range old coins like Wheat cents, Buffalo nickels, junk silver, and scarce silver coins and silver dollars. Check online reviews and feedback for coin stores in your area, and choose a couple to visit.
Who will buy my old pennies?
Best places to sell coins online
- CoinsForSale.com Only 5% to sell. No listing fee.
- Heritage Auctions 10% fee. Consignment program.
- Ebay 12.35% + $. 030 fee, plus listing fees. ...
- Apmex Well known. But won't pay until after you've shipped your coins.
- Modern Coin Mart Won't pay you until after you've sent them your coins.
How can I sell my coins?
To sell old coins, take low and medium-value coins to a reputable coin dealer, where you should be able to easily sell them. If you can't find a local coin dealer, try visiting a traveling coin show so you can network with dealers and find someone to buy your coins.
Where can I sell pennies online?
10 Best Places to Sell Coins Online
- Coin World Marketplace.
- Great Collections.
- Heritage Auctions.
- JM Bullion.
What pennies are worth money?
10 Most Valuable Old Pennies and What They're Worth
- 1792 Birch Cent - About $2.6 Million. ...
- 1943 Bronze Lincoln Penny - About $1.7 Million. ...
- 1793 Strawberry Leaf Cent - About $863,000. ...
- 1793 Liberty Cap Wreath Cent - About $391,000. ...
- 1944 Steel Lincoln Penny - About $375,000. ...
- 1958 Double Die Lincoln Penny - About $336,000.
Do You Have Old Coins? Do You Want To Sell Them? Here's What You Do.
What are the 15 most valuable pennies?
15 Most Valuable Pennies Still in Circulation
- 1944-P Lincoln Wheat Cent Penny: Steel Cent. ...
- 1944-D Lincoln Wheat Cent Penny: Steel Cent. ...
- 1943-P Lincoln Wheat Cent Penny: Bronze/Copper. ...
- 1943-S Lincoln Wheat Cent Penny: Bronze/Copper. ...
- 1944-S Lincoln Wheat Cent Penny: Steel Cent. ...
- 1943-D Lincoln Wheat Cent Penny: Copper/Bronze.
Do banks buy old coins?
Consumers can turn in their coins for cash at banks, which will give them their full value. Banks do not charge a fee to their customers when they deposit coins, but many require that the coins be rolled in wrappers. Some banks like Wells Fargo will exchange rolled coins for noncustomers without a fee.
How do I know if my old coins are valuable?
Professional coin appraisers can give you the most accurate, up-to-date value of your coin. They will base their appraisal on their expert opinion of the coin's condition. They'll also take into account what similar coins have been selling for lately.
How do I find out what my coins are worth?
Multiply the weight of the coin by the percentage "fineness" of the coin (the percentage of the coin that is gold or silver). This will establish how much of the precious metal you have to sell. Multiply the result of the first calculation by the current price of the precious metal in the coin.
Why is a 1944 penny worth so much?
The 1944 Lincoln penny is particularly desirable in the eyes of collectors not only because of its design, but also due to its scarcity. Being that there are no more 1944 Lincolns being produced, the scarcity of these coins is constantly on the rise, thus making the coins more valuable.
Should you clean coins before selling?
Don't clean your coins! Not only does this cut their value by as much as half (or possibly even more), but it will be an immediate deal-breaker for many dealers who would've otherwise wanted to buy your coins if only they were left in their original condition.
How much is a 1943 penny worth?
Because they are quite common, a 1943 penny in circulated condition is not worth much. According to USA Coin Book, a steel penny from 1943 in circulated condition is worth between 16 cents and 53 cents. However, Heritage Auctions sells 1943 steel pennies in pristine, uncirculated condition for more than $1,000.
How much are pre 1982 pennies worth?
A pre-1982 penny has about 2 cents worth of copper in it. Some people hoard them, betting that the U.S. will kill the penny and then it will be legal to melt them down and they can make a killing.
Are old copper pennies worth anything?
If you look at the price of copper per oz today, it is $0.27 per oz. If we take a look at coinflation (A PCGS app) the copper melt value for ONE COPPER PENNY is $0.03 So if I were to go to the bank and get ONE roll of pennies and there are, lets say 10 copper pennies in there.
How much is a penny worth in scrap?
Each 1¢ penny is worth approximately 2.3860¢ in scrap metal.
Is there an app to scan coins for value?
Coinoscope is a visual search engine for coins. Coinoscope makes coin recognition easy - just snap a picture of a coin with your phone camera and the app will show you a list of similar coins. Click on the coin to see additional information in the web browser of your phone.
What years of coins are worth money?
Money That Sells: 8 Prized U.S. Coins in Circulation
- 1943 Lincoln Head Copper Penny.
- 1955 Doubled Die Penny.
- 1982 No Mint Mark Roosevelt Dime.
- 2004 Wisconsin State Quarter With Extra Leaf.
Do banks take pennies?
However, the penny retains its value. Although the penny has been phased out, it still remains legal tender. Banks will still accept pennies. However, most banks will require that they be rolled.
Which banks are paying for coins?
Currently there are a few banks that we know of that will take your coins:
- Citibank (requires coin rolls and some fees may vary)
- Community Savings Banks (requirements vary)
- US Bank (no rolls but current customers only)
- Bank of America (requires coin rolls)
- First County Bank.
- Western Credit Union.
- Peoples United.
What penny is worth $1000000?
1943-S Lincoln Cent Sells for $1 Million.
What year old pennies are worth money?
Lincoln pennies that were minted between 1959 and 1982 tend to be worth more since they are almost 100 percent copper, rather than an alloy.
Where can I sell my wheat pennies?
Here's where to sell your wheat pennies for cash, in person or online!
- Local coin sellers. The first place to start when you are looking to sell your wheat pennies is to visit the shop of a local coin seller. ...
- Auctions. ...
- Online websites. ...
- Coin shows. ...
- Pawn shops.
Is a 1969 penny worth anything?
Most 1969 pennies in circulated condition are only worth their weight in copper. The current copper melt value for each penny is about $0.02. These coins can only sell for a premium in uncirculated condition. The 1969 penny with no mint mark is worth around $1 in uncirculated condition with an MS 65 grade.