Interesting Tips to Excel in IT Consultant Interview: IT consultant is the one who helps the employer by advising how to use today’s technology and advance his/her business. Like all the other post, even the IT consultant needs to go through interviews held by the company. Below given are some tips that will aid you for your interview:
Submit your CV to the company with all the essential details. Attach copy of all the required certificates.
Plan for the interview day:
Make sure to know the route to reach the venue where the company has arranged the interview.
Arrange all the document including your CV systematically so that you do not miss out any necessary document on the interview day.
Employer will no doubt ask you questions but even you need to show active participation. Therefore, decide in advance, as to what you will talk about. For example, you can talk about your achievements, your experience, etc.
Related: IT Support Analyst Interview
Plan a perfect outfit for the event.
Prepare thoroughly for the day:
Collect information of the company so that you can prepare for the answers to the questions asked by the employer.
Make sure you read job descriptions completely this will help you to understand your profile as well as get an idea about base of the questions that will be asked by them.
Also, prepare some question from your side in advance if you have any queries
It might make you feel awkward but it is always beneficial to practice your interview with your family and friends.
Try adding examples and your technical experience if any in your answers
Prepare as much as possible for your desired job interview and leave no scope for disappointment.
Some of the most asked typical interview questions answered below:
IT Consultant Interview Questions
- What could your current employer do to keep you?
- Would I take my degree again?
- How do you deal with difficult customers
- Please give a time when you had to influence someone.
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Have you ever had conflict with your colleges?
- What is the development life-cycle?
- Plan a party for budget of middle eastern guests given this budget and this set of specific criteria.
- Tell me of a time when you had to overcome a challenge in a work environment?
- Why do you want to work for IBM?
- What is the most challenging project/assignment that you have faced?
- Most difficult decision you had to make
- What trends exist currently in the world of transaction processing?
- What trends are facing the investment banking industry right now?