To apply for a role at Greggs, you can do this by searching for current vacancies online and applying at the same time. Remember that Greggs get a lot of applications so remember to apply as soon as you can and keep an eye on new vacancies all the time.
Greggs suggest that an online application form can take up to 30 minutes to complete.
Some of the applications can be a bit like an interview as they ask questions which are designed to see how you would respond to certain work situations which allow them to see before a face to face interview how you respond.
Once this has been completed and you are successful them they allow you to complete their “Right Fit Quiz” to help you decide if the role you are applying for is right for you.
As part of your application form you will need the usual details including your education and qualifications but also 2 referees that they can contact.
If your application is successful at this stage then you will be invited for an interview or to an assessment centre if they are running this kind of event and have multiple roles to fill. Upon attending this interview or assessment centre you will be required to provide identification documentation for example your British Passport or a Full Birth Certificate. You will be informed of what is the correct documentation and what they need you to bring with you to the interview.
Once you have completed your interview or assessment Greggs aim to let you know whether you have been successful or not within 7 working days.
All types of people work at Greggs and they look for people who have either got good customer service experience or if you are just leaving school and this is a first job they look for how you could work with people since you would be working with customers daily. This experience can be sometimes demanding so you must be ready for a challenging environment and be quick to learn different products.
Greggs Interview Questions
- How can we make our shops more profitable?
- Describe a time where you gave exceptional customer service?
- What types of jobs would you do in greggs?
- What would you do if you saw another team member using the green, vegetarian tongs with meat products?
- What would you do if a vegetarian customer returned to the store and had accidentally been given a chicken bake, rather than a cheese and onion pasty?
- Have you had any customer service experience?
- Why do you want to work for Greggs?
- What sort of jobs do you think you’d be song through out your shift?
- What skills and qualities do you entail making you suitable for this job?
- If more donuts are delivered than ordered what would you do with the extras?
- What’s your approach to food hygiene?
- Why do you want to be part of a team?
- Tell me about a time when you have dealt with a difficult employee.
- What qualities do you think a shop manager should have?
- Tell me about a time you have increased sales?
- Tell me about a time when you have improved service?
- How would you react if you witness a person stealing from the shop floor?
- What is your first impresssion of the shop?
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- What motivates you?
- Why do you want this job?
- Where would you like to be in your career five years from now?
- What’s your ideal company?
- What attracted you to this company?
- Why should we hire you? What makes you a better candidate than others?
- What did you like least about your last job?
- When were you most satisfied in your job?
- What can you do for us that other candidates can’t?
- What were the responsibilities of your last position?
- Why are you leaving your present job?
- What do you know about this industry?
- What do you know about our company?
- Do you have any questions for me?