Cineworld is still a growing cinema chain which makes it an exciting time to be joining a lively environment where they promote from within wherever possible.
To apply for a role at Cineworld you can do this by downloading an application form from their website and return it to the details they provide or hand it direct to a member of the management team of the branch you are seeking work from. They do not accept speculative applications; you can only apply for a current vacancy.
Different Cineworld’s have different ways of interviewing depending on the roles they require. The roles are varied from serving coffee under the Starbucks name to maintenance roles and needing to be aware of health and safety requirements.
If you are invited to an interview you will be asked questions such as:
- How do you feel about shift work?
- How flexible are you? How do you feel about working late at night?
- What do you think this role involves?
- What knowledge do you have of the cinema/entertainment environment?
- How would you deal with a difficult customer?
- How would you deal with a difficult situation during a cinema showing?
- What are your thoughts on customer service and give examples?
As with any role you need to research the company. What made you apply? Do you know anyone who works for Cineworld already? If not maybe you could visit a branch and speak to the staff, see how they operate in various roles and use this as part of your questioning for your interview. And above all make sure you know the product they are selling from films to refreshments.
Don’t forget about most asked interview questions too, be prepared for them.
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- What motivates you?
- Why do you want this job?
- Where would you like to be in your career five years from now?
- What’s your ideal company?
- What attracted you to this company?
- Why should we hire you? What makes you a better candidate than others?
- What did you like least about your last job?
- When were you most satisfied in your job?
- What can you do for us that other candidates can’t?
- What were the responsibilities of your last position?
- Why are you leaving your present job?
- What do you know about this industry?
- What do you know about our company?
- Do you have any questions for me?
Good luck and let us know how it went!