You can apply in store or online for vacancies at Caffe Nero. As well as store based roles they also have roles within their Head Office based in Covent Garden. They operate as a small family team environment and because of this Head Office vacancies do not come up that often.
- Gerry Ford founded Caffe Nero in 1997 – he bought 5 retail sites in London which is where the vision began.
- 80% of the current Store Managers started out as Baristas.
- Planned growth of 45-50 stores opening in the UK each year.
Caffe Nero take training very seriously and thus have levels of staff due to their experience. They also like to promote from within which is why such a high percentage of Managers started out as Barista the entry level into Caffe Nero.
Caffe Nero are a reasonably priced catering establishment with a good atmosphere and very clean.
As a relatively new company Caffe Nero are still expanding and learning along the way, this would be a fantastic time to join them if you wanted to have a busy career possibly in different countries or places along the way.
To be successful in an interview here, I would visit one of their competitors, do a mood board type for ideas of what you could bring to Caffe Nero should you be successful as the food and catering business is getting ever competitive and every company is looking for committed individuals to continue this fast paced growth.
You will be required to wear some kind of uniform clothing if you are successful but for an interview wear a smart suit if you can to show that you are looking to impress them and be knowledgeable about coffee. If you don’t drink coffee yourself treat a friend to different coffees and get a valuable opinion, take this with you to your interview to show what you have done to prepare.
Caffe Nero Interview Questions
You should be well prepared for your big day. Here are some questions that you will probably be asked during your interview:
Why Caffe Nero?
What makes you better candidate than others?
Why should I hire you?
What experience do you have in hospitality/catering industry?
- Tell me about yourself
- What are your weaknessess?
- Why do you want this job?
- What have you done to improve customer service in your store?
- What motivates you?
- How fexible are you around working unsocial hours
- Name a time when team building was essential in something you have done
- What Waitrose brand would you be and why?
- What can you do for us that other candidates can’t?